My name is Brooks Eakin. I was born and raised in Texas, and now I spend my free time writing, traveling, and learning languages. Currently, I live in Shanghai, China, working as creative lead at an app development company.
I’ve been lucky enough to have a lot of different of jobs. Some highlights:
- physical labor, dismantling old bomb casings from the first Gulf War
- ghostwriting and editing for a Turkish professor writing about nationalism
- business analysis and marketing for a few companies in Austin, streamlining process and eliminating bottlenecks
- composing piano arrangements of pop songs for aspiring singers
- teaching the basics of boxing to kids who would rapidly eclipse my own punching abilities
- designing curriculum for online language classes, taught remotely by video conference, and teaching some of the most fascinating students in the world
- teaching English to some of the most fascinating students in Taiwan
In the meantime, this is where I write about the creative lifestyle, life abroad, and learning. Don’t be surprised if I sneak a few short stories in there from time to time.
My very best,